Rowing BC is seeking coaches to participate with Team BC at the 2013 Canada Summer Games (CSG), to be held August 11-18, 2013, in Sherbrooke, Quebec.
- Assist in coaching Team BC rowing athletes in competition at the 2013 CSG
- Assist the Provincial Coach with team selection
- Attend all meetings relating to the 2013 Canada Summer Games
- Assist with the organization of boats, accommodations and other activities within the scope of the Games
- Conduct team practices, and assist with training camps and events leading up to the Games
- Help to enforce the rules of conduct for the athletes as established by Rowing BC
- To provide motivation and enthusiasm for the rowers; both for individuals and the team
- Some members of coaching staff may be required to drive vehicles or power boats. A valid driver’s license and pleasure craft operator card (PCOC) will be required for these positions.
All applicants must be currently active rowing coaches who are registered and in good standing with Rowing BC, Rowing Canada Aviron, and the Coaches Association of British Columbia.
There are up to four coaching positions available. At least two positions will be filled by coaches who are fully certified to NCCP Level 3 or RCA Performance Coach no later than February 4, 2013. For the remaining positions, coaches must be fully certified RCA Coach.
In accordance with Team BC and CSG policies, at least one of the selected coaches will be female.
- Ability to communicate technically and socially with junior (U21) athletes.
- Ability to act as a goodwill ambassador for the Province of BC
- Past experience as a coach with high performance U21 athletes.
- Experience with rowing team organization and administration
- Ability to help athletes mentally prepare for multiple races with new teammates
- Ability to run selection/ seat racing with a stop-watch
- Working knowledge of the current RCA Rules of Racing
- Proficiency in boat rigging for both sculling and sweeping for male and female rowers
Please note that this is an unpaid, volunteer position. Travel and associated expenses including accommodation at CSG will be paid by Rowing BC and Team BC.
There will be a three-day camp later in 2012 for CSG eligible athletes. Following team selection in early 2013, there will be two two-day training camps in June and July 2013 prior to the Games in August. Selected coaches must commit to attend all these events.
How to Apply
Interested coaches should complete the attached application form and return it, along with a current coaching resume and NCCP transcript, to Rowing BC no later than June 1, 2012. Applications can be submitted by email to email@example.com or by fax to 604-333-3450.