St. George's School in Vancouver, BC, is seeking a Rowing Coordinator.
The Rowing Coordinator is responsible for the day to day operations of the Rowing program. The ideal candidate would be a certified teacher who can also be a teacher on call as required.
- Coach/instruct a portion of the rowing team as directed by the Head of Rowing.
- Perform rowing program administrative tasks as directed by the Head of Rowing, these tasks include but are not limited to:
- Team travel logistics and planning
- Team/School event logistics, planning, risk management, and general team management
- Competition scheduling
- Assist with recruitment of student-athletes to the rowing program
- Coordinate equipment purchases and program financial management
- Inventory management (rowing and non-rowing equipment and gear)
- Daily office administration and operations (phone, email, record keeping, etc)
- Correspondence, public relations and communications with community, parent, faculty/staff, administration, Director of Athletics, etc
- General Boathouse management and maintenance as required.
- Accompany team/coaches on team/school related travel (including trailer driving) as directed by the Head of Rowing (competition weekend and training camps).
- The Coordinator of Rowing Operations is required to attend spring break and winter training camps, and all team tours.
- Demonstrates leadership ability. High EQ skills in the following areas: collaboration, empathy, organizational skills, self-management, self-regulation.
- Proven experience in supporting a strategic plan for a Rowing program
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational, administrative and planning skills necessary to recruit, retain and develop athletes and programs
- Managing coaching personnel, and resolving conflicts
- Team oriented, self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Has experience running rowing programs
- Experiencing working with and developing junior athletes and understand the needs of student athletes
- Has an understanding of the Long Term Athlete Development Program and be able to implement in a rowing program that includes students from grade 8-12
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to get tasks completed in a timely and efficient manner.
Interested applicants should email their resume to Karen Potter-Auger at email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is July 15th, 2012.
Potential candidates will be selected for interviews on July 24th, 2012.